Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What Made Milwaukee Famous...

I am here at Milwaukee for the Non-Human Turn conference, which seems completely epic. I have been horribly remiss in trying to contact my fellow conference participants and seeing if they want to meet up, but hopefully I will have a chance to meet people here. If anyone else is at this conference, and want to say 'Hi' or meet up, drop me a quick note.

I won't go through everyone interesting that is here, but it is worth your time to go through the schedule. I will say that I am disappointed that I am presenting at a conflicting time with the panel that Adrian and Ben will be presenting at. Somehow I have been misreading the schedule, and just now realized I won't be able to see their panel. And while their panel looks thrilling, I suggest you skip it and come to mine. Seriously.

I am going to be talking about abstraction, animals, and assemblages. It will be about ethics--about constructivist ethics, about speculative pragmatic ethics, and about dark ethics--and why we have to get away from the phenomenological basis of continental ethics.

Hopefully I will be able to see some of you in person. For those that won't be here, you can follow the conference in the following ways:  Twitter hashtag: #c21nonhuman and live video streaming of plenary speakers.

And remember: What made Milwaukee famous, made a fool out of me.